Cold weather is here! Winterize your equipment so you're not stuck with a frozen rig. Here are some simple tips:
- Flush your spray equipment properly and store with paint thinner/mineral spirits. Mineral Spirits will not freeze. It also protects against corrosion and keeps the paint pump lubricated. If a sprayer freezes with water or a water-based coating, it can damage the sprayer's fluid section or pressure control components.
- Don't leave water in the fluid sections when the temperature is below 32 degrees (leaving water in during freezing temperatures can cause the fluid section to split and take out transducers).
- Don't forget to winterize pumps and pressure washers that are in storage.
- When transporting your equipment, don't leave it out overnight or in a vehicle with water or water-based coatings inside.
- If the fluid section does freeze, allow it to thaw before trying to run the sprayer to avoid damage.
- This article from Graco gives even more tips on cleaning spray equipment properly.
Need help? Spectrum Paint has 3 repair centers to winterize them for you.
You can drop off equipment to be serviced at any Spectrum location in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska.
Certified Graco Repair Centers:
Tulsa, OK: 15247 E. Skelly Dr., 918-398-2188
Springdale, AR: 399 E. Robinson, 479-751-8701
Grandview, MO: 13820 S. HWY 71, 816-965-9335
Wichita, KS: 2310 E. Douglas, 316-267-3328
Shop Online Here for in-store pick-up, curbside pick-up or delivery within 5 miles of your neighborhood Spectrum Paint location.